About Me

My photo
I am a pretty easy going lady who loves to chat and meet new people. I like sharing what I know and gaining even more knowledge. My expertise is Psychology and Baking, I like to call it the double threat! Lol!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Bust A Cold in the Mouth!

When I was a kid, even now unfortunately, I was sick alot. Well, Mom couldn't always stay home from work-she had to make a living for me and my younger brother. So ever so often, I would go to my neighbors house to be babysat! I remember one season when I had a very bad case of the flu! It was horrible, my throught felt like the Grand Canyon filled with cotton balls and lined with straight edge razors. I couldn't breathe and absolutely nothing would stay down. Well, my wonderful beautifel German babysitter came up with a concotion that healed my soul and to this day it still does! I decided why not share it with others! You never know what will work for you until you try it! Don't hate until you participate! :)

2 tbls of Cayenne Pepper
Half of a lemon cut into slices
One clove of minced garlic
Half an onion slithered
3 tsp of clover honey
8-12 fl oz of water (the less water the more potent)

Boil onion, lemon and garlic in water for about 3 minutes. Or until onion, lemon and garlic are soft. Pour into a cup add cayenne pepper and honey! Enjoy the feeling of a soothed throat (after slight burning from lemon and cayenne pepper), cleared nostrils and unstuffed ears and head!!

Thanks Mrs. Gurda, you were the best babysitter a girl could have in her childhood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers